Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is This Really 40?!?!



Because if so, then I'm a bit depressed. 

The day after the New Year kicked off, I mysteriously made the call to go check out Judd Apatow's new film starring Paul Rudd and his entire family. I watched the film on the heels of chatting with my 88 year old grandfather about how awesome he was despite a rough and rugged childhood. 

While it was entertaining in spots, the film largely focuses on how trying marriage can be and at times seems to validate American divorce rates. Despite Leslie Mann being super hot and just as fiery as she was in Knocked Up, there was no escaping the fact that the movie was a bit too long, that teenage girls are a nightmare and that some people only stay together for the kids. 

Hopefully me and my future wife will be different...or, maybe, some seasoned married vets can paint a brighter picture for me. We'll see. 

No comments: