Monday, February 18, 2013

Thanks, Lena!



Dear Lena, 

Let me just dive in and thank you for not derailing this week's episode. For the first time, I saw not a single breast!

Sure...there was tons of Booth Jonathan's ass. But, that was a trade-off that I'm uncomfortably comfortable with making in exchange for a progressing story line...

Hey, it's really great seeing Hannah's character get a bit of recognition. Although the episode seems to suggest that she's certain to fail at completing her eBook in a month's time, I'm sure it will be a valuable learning experience for her. 

I was also touched by your decision to revisit Ray's emotional roller coaster ride (33 and not doing shit!). In doing so, you completely shat on the entity that we know as Staten Island. I've never been there. Yet, I'm not sure that I can thank you for what you did to all of those kind people living out in SI. I'm also not sure if I'll ever be visiting in the event that teenagers really do walk around with pistols in their purses. Given Ray's encounter with that rambunctious young lady, I truly hope that he makes it back to Brooklyn alive. 

Most importantly, thanks for allowing Marnie to see that she's better than Booth. He's just a lonely loser hiding behind a shiny facade. I'm sure there are tons of non-artists (and maybe some artists, too) out there that wouldn't make Marnie put on stupid futuristic dresses and work as a hostess at gatherings being held in their trendy apartment. I, for one, don't even have a trendy apartment. Therefore, I'm probably exactly what Marnie needs. She and I would probably just spend most of our time holding hands and shopping at thrift stores while falling madly and deeply into interracial love. #DontHateThePlaya

I think that's the gist of it. Again, thanks for keeping your clothes on. It made for a very delightful viewing experience. 

Truly yours, 
Me

PS - Although you haven't a clue what to do with depressed Jessa, I'm sure you'll figure something out. But please don't deport her. 

PPS - I'm feeling so Brooklyn after this latest episode, I've committed myself to watching "Red Hook Summer" on Netflix. Wish me luck!

No comments: