Monday, January 24, 2011

Digitally Un-Loving Someone





















This is really frustrating. But about once a quarter, or so, I'll hop onto someone's page on Facebook. I'll try to click through to their photos - and then bam! It hits me like a ton of bricks. For some reason on God's green earth, this person did the one thing that hurts the most.

They defriended me on Facebook.

Sure, I could've made more of an effort to see this person when I was home for the holidays. But dammit, I was HOME for the holidays. I pretty much stayed at home. Minding my own business. And this is the thanks I get???

I'm going to allow these emotions to simmer for a few days. Maybe even a few weeks. Then I'll decide how to address the situation. I definitely won't be calling the culprit to ask for virtual forgiveness. But maybe I'll just send another friend request with a note saying: "Looks like we accidentally got disconnected." Or maybe I won't.

Either way, it sucks to fall out of digital love.

1 comment:

Richard Cox said...

haha! sorry about that buddy. go ahead and re-send the invite. i won't let it happen again.