Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fried Turkey

This man is not my father.


"Are you going to have fried turkey for Thanksgiving?", my coworker asked.

"Umm, I've had it before. But I'm not sure that we're having it this year. Those things are dangerous to prepare!"

"Hmm, but I thought that was a Southern thing." she replied.

"I'm from Southern California. I'm not from THE SOUTH."

..................................................

Upon arriving at my father's house, I cracked open the refrigerator. Staring back at me was a Popeye's brand fried turkey. Pre-fried and seasoned. Just stick it in the oven for a bit and you're good to go.

So maybe my coworker was right. My family had baked fried turkey on Thanksgiving day.

My mom, on the other hand, was only interested in baked chicken and ham. It all worked out.

No comments: