Thursday, April 2, 2009

Are We There Yet?



So I'm basically asking if we've made it back onto the road to prosperity. The DOW was at 8000 for a little while today. Positive strides seem to have been made over the last few weeks. Manufacturing indicators are improving and home prices are seeing some modest increases - even here in the City of Sunnyvale.

Couple with that the fact that 1 out of every 10 Americans is on food stamps and that the unemployment rate is at 8.1%. I don't know if you're hearing me on this one - but it really seems like we're bouncing back in a major way.

And just to make sure that this is clear - I commend anyone that is one food stamps. It is there right to take advantage of these benefits and the system is in place for a reason. I don't condone abuse of government assistance. But if I was eligible for food stamps, I too would be lining up trying to get my EBT card recharged...

No comments: