Thursday, March 19, 2009

Smoking With The State's Blessings



So wow! I can't believe I'm just hearing about this. Apparently - unsurprisingly - there is a Dem. from SF that is looking legalize marijuana. And of course after legalizing - and true to Dem. form - he wants to tax it. It is believed that marijuana is a $14 billion industry and this could totally amount to a major payday for State coffers.

Of course, getting high in California would still be considering in violation of federal law. But as far as I'm concerned, that's a risk that I'm willing to take.

We need not forget that several presidents - including the current Leader of the Free World - had their go at smoking some Mary Jane. Why shouldn't I be able to do so? Wouldn't I simply be striving to emulate greatness by living with reckless abandon while youthful?

No comments: