Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Few Ann Coulter Quotes



I didn't even have to search out this Ann Coulter madness. Check out the full article here.

I've selected a few choice quotes from an email interview that America's sweetheart did.

In response to a question asking why she agreed to participate in a series of debates between herself and Bill Maher:

I THINK MY AGENT TOLD ME IT’S A BENEFIT FOR SOME HORRID DISEASE LIKE RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME. ALL I KNOW IS, I’M GETTING A PRIVATE CAR.

Ann's response after the interviewer explicitly insinuated that her "serious" commentary is similar in nature to the comedic approach taken by Bill Maher:

I DON’T SAY THINGS JUST TO “GET A REACTION” OR “PROVOKE MY AUDIENCE” ANY MORE THAN ANYONE WHO TALKS ABOUT IDEAS DOES. I IMAGINE CHURCHILL HOPED TO “PROVOKE HIS AUDIENCE” WITH HIS “WE SHALL FIGHT ON THE BEACHES” SPEECH. I’M TRYING TO EXPRESS IDEAS, USUALLY ABOUT IMPORTANT ISSUES, AND IF A POINT IS MADE WELL THAT WILL TEND TO ELICIT A REACTION.

And is Ann the voice of the conservative movement:

I THINK I SPEAK FOR ALL AMERICANS WHO THINK NEWSPAPER EDITORS WHO PRINT THE DETAILS OF TOP-SECRET ANTI-TERRORIST INTELLIGENCE GATHERING PROGRAMS ON PAGE ONE IN WARTIME SHOULD BE EXECUTED FOR TREASON.

Yeah. Ann Coulter is still pretty much my favorite person ever.

No comments: