Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Excuse Me Sir, Was That Your Armadillo?



Funny law proposal forwarded to me today. While this is likely a placeholder for something more substantive...(I hope)...I definitely got a chuckle out of it.

It reads:

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1. It is the intent of the Legislature to enact
legislation to include animals, pets, and livestock under Section
20001 of the Vehicle Code, the basic "hit and run" statute, in order
to fine drivers who leave the scene of an accident without trying to
contact the owner or local authorities or render aid to the injured
animal, pet, or farm animal.

___________________________________________________________________________


My days of driving recklessly in wooded areas are over. I also won't be speeding on any frontage roads that are adjacent to farm land. If I actually hit an animal I'd be expected to stop and report my transgressions to the owner. Who in turn will likely shoot and kill me. Why would I allow that vicious cycle to continue....?

No comments: