Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kids and Candy Stores



Yes, I feel like a kid in a candy store. At different points in my life I have either worked will either all guys or all old people. Or a blend; all old guys.

Now, I work with nothing but attractive women. And contrary to popular belief, it sucks.

Sure, some guys can get away with their flirtatious games and making out with co-workers at the holiday party. But yours truly has a target on his back. One false move and my entire reputation is at stake. For a number of reasons, I can't simply sink back into the crowd and fly under the radar.

I never thought that I would yearn for the days of my startup experience when I was working with nothing but old engineers who I am no interest in boinking, therefore I could focus and produce some damn good work.

Instead, my attention is provided between focusing on work and focusing on the sweetness that populates my workplace. And needless to say, my work ethic has seen better days.

No comments: