Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fueling The Fire

NO. No, I don't think that we should turn to actors for political guidance. I mean, we pay premium dollars to see them dress up and act funny and pretend to have sex with or kill each other. But there is no justifiable reason for us to believe that they should be picking our political leaders for us. Even though being an actor seems to be a stepping stone to becoming a politician (Reagan, Thompson....trend?)

As a Black guy, I didn't even think Kanye West was special for noting that George Bush doesn't care much for Black guys and girls alike.

But after a long sparring match with my buddy, I had to pull/put up the Matt Damon video.

This guy is GENUINELY CONCERNED. Anyone who opts to sit down and have such a discussion while running the risk of alienating a significant portion of his fan base definitely has balls. Kudos o you Matt - to some people you're a champion. Take a look...



I need to know if she really thinks that dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that, I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes.


Geez, this video is definitely food for fodder. But let's be clear, I'm actually not an actuary, so I haven't run any tables yet.

3 comments:

Horchata said...

Yeah, it takes a lot of guts to spread false internet rumors about someone...

And Obama supporters balking over anyone's lack of experience doesn't pass the laugh test.

That being said, he brings up a valid point: we don't know Sarah Palin that well. But, his tone leads me to believe that's not really his concern. He is more concerned about her not being cosmopolitan enough (e.g., "Oh, I'm a hockey mom").

Frankly, his statement is nothing but elitist remarks thinly veiled with concerns he obviously didn't take into account when choosing his own candidate.

Andy Orin said...

i'm genuinely concerned too. work has made me follow the election and at this point i'd rather distance myself from reality. i'd literally like to expatriate under a mccain/palin presidency. not that i actually would.

Andy Orin said...

oh, also, can you imagine a biden/palin debate? i can't imagine her giving an even half-adequate performance.