Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Salsa Domination/Awkwardness



One day, I will be that guy!

The one with the shaved head, dressed in all white with a hot woman dangling in his arms. In addition, I'll carry a towel so that I can wipe the sweat from my brow after making magic on the dance floor. I will be the envy of all women that have professed their love for salsa. I will be hot! I will be spicy! I will be muy caliente!

But until then, I'm just another guy that went to free salsa lessons in hope of learning the style and picking up women. And unfortunately, most of the other guys in attendance are sketchy. To make that worse, many of the women are sketchy too. So you end up learning salsa from some sex driven salsa instructor who automatically becomes that alpha male of the group (AMOG) by virtue of all of the women wanting to sleep with him. Resultantly, we become his dancing minions that have no chance in hell of ever dancing as well as he does. People that know this stuff don't learn it, they're born with it.

So to make a long story short, I retract my initial statement about finding a way to become as cool as the guy pictured above. Instead, I want to become an intermediate dancer who takes women on dates to free salsa lessons and acts like its my first time. I may not be the coolest guy there - but at least I'll be cooler than all of those guys that come to salsa lessons alone with their butterfly collars and shirts unbuttoned.

No comments: