Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And so it ends



Kobe Bryant left the basketball court for the last time this season. After 6 devastatingly awful games, the Lakers were eliminated from the NBA Finals and the Celtics were crowned Kings of The World.

No tears were shed immediately. And even though I was LITERALLY on the verge of tears after watching game 4, I managed to hold back any sign of emotion as well. You see, disappointed doesn't even come close to describing how I feel at the moment. Because as a biased observed, I know in my heart of hearts that the best team did not win tonight. I know that everything about the Lakers is right and all those standing between us and the title are wrong. Unfortunately these feelings of conviction did not translate into solid play on the court. Instead, while watching Democratic legislators rally from behind against Republicans in a charity game, I simultaneously had to watch the Lakers lose by just about 30 points to the boys in green.

Tomorrow, I will not have many words to say about the 6 game experience - which was only slightly less painful than watching the Lakers play the Pistons in 2004.

Being the faithful fan that I am, I can only say wait for next year. Paul, KG and Ray can have there day. But next year, I can pray that things will be different. There are few things that can make a fan more proud of his hometown than having his local team win a championship. Congratulations to the folks in Boston and throughout the entire New England region. Everybody in the league will be gunning for you next year.

Until then, I'll be training with the Democrats making sure the Republican members remember whose boss.

No comments: