Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mothers Beware



Why didn't I hear about this nipple cream phenomenon earlier? Given that I don't fully understand the mechanics of woman - and probably never will - I'd never researched or caught wind of the need for nipple cream. Had I done so years earlier, this report would've been so much funnier to me.

So instead, I only serve as a messenger looking to protect the well-being of all of my readers out there that have children. Although rubbing this cream on the appropriate areas sounds a little sketchy, it apparently helps with soreness and other sorts of irritation. But now it appears that these products may contain ingredients that are harmful to children that are still nursing.

The product's ingredients were described online:

Our nipple cream is also lanolin free and made with ingredients that are GRAS‑certified (generally recognized as safe).


Generally recognized as safe? WTF is that all about? Isn't that alone reason to pause?

Sorry ladies, but it now appears that you have to choose: your baby or your nipples? The ball is in your court.

No comments: