Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Best Look of the Day - A-Rod is a Golden God!



To say that Alex Rodriguez is a baller is a total understatement.

It's scary to think that A-Rod makes more than an entire franchise.

Granted, the Marlins did dump Dontrelle and have been masterful at shaving their payroll since Florida took home its first World Series victory. They can slice and dice a payroll better than anyone else in the league. And they have been so artful this time around that they've been able to get a discount rate team assembled for the season.

From a business perspective I think they're brilliant. Put A-Rod on the field alone versus the Marlins. If you do so, I'd go out on a limb and say that the Marlins could edge out a 5-4 victory over Senor Rodriguez (even while playing alone, A-Rod would still manage to hit a Grand Slam in the bottom of the 5th inning). They'd likely beat Rodriguez 4-3 in a seven game series. The moral of the story is, one man can't do it alone.

But coming from a man who has seen A-Rod in person, I must say that the man is capable of firing up some of the homoerotic emotions stored deep in the depths of my soul. He is nothing short of a Golden God. Steroids or no steroids, he fills out a baseball uniform like no other. His smile is worth a million dollar alone. And to see him choke during the playoffs is priceless.

If I lived in New York I would be an A-Rod groupie. There is no doubt in my mind.

But because I live in Sacramento where the cost-of-living is low and I can't even begin to think about how much damage A-Rod's salary would do to the local shopping mall, I can only applaud him for single-handedly being worth more than an entire franchise.

Speak softly Alex, but continue to carry a big stick.

No comments: