Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Best Look of the Day - BINGO Bitch!



I had to take a trip across the Atlantic to find good news today.

I mean, I've often encountered slow days in America. But geez. Days like today make you realize the pressing need for more national holidays.

Fortunately, somewhere in the world someone was happy.

Her name is Soraya Lowell. Soraya won $2.3 million dollars in the national BINGO jackpot.

The funniest parts of this story - and also the saddest parts - are as follows:

A) Soraya's husband didn't believe that she had actually won.
B) Soraya's children have already asked her to buy them cars.
C) Soraya plans to continue working as a janitor, despite her recent winnings.

And while this goes unsaid, Soraya can also expect for many other family members to hit her up now that this story is getting all sorts of press. And I also suspect that she will soon find that her life was much easier when she was broke. Her new motto should be: Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me.

If you'd like to get a feel for what Soraya's plight will be like, I suggest that you rent Everything's Gone Green.

Despite my Mo' Money, Mo' Problems slant on Soraya's recent upgrade, you can surely expect me to start brushing up on my BINGO skills.

No comments: